In this beautiful fall season, Migraine Quebec has come up with a few activities and articles/blogs to distract you during the pandemic.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Virtual support group via Zoom in English – November 24th
- Video clips “Les Minutes mieux être et mieux comprendre” with Melissa Mitchell – in French
- Virtual gentle yoga classes on Facebook – in French
- New blogs – in French
- New articles – in French
- Vacancy on the Board of Directors
- Seeking volunteers
- EMHA Survey — European Migraine and Headache Alliance
- Partage Migraine Québec — private Facebook group – in French
- Become a member
1. Virtual support group via Zoom in English — November 24th
To break isolation and meet people living with the same challenges as you. Come share with us. To register, CLICK HERE.
Date: Tuesday, November 24th
Time: 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
2. Video clips “Les Minutes mieux être et mieux comprendre” with Melissa Mitchell — in French
Once a week, Melissa will address a topic related to migraines, whether it be a better understanding of one aspect of the condition (minutes mieux comprendre) or ways to live better with migraines (minutes mieux-être).
Melissa has set herself the challenge of condensing each of her capsules into 3 minutes. If you cannot join her live, no worries, the videos will remain accessible on our Facebook page! CLICK HERE.
Date: every Wednesday morning
Time: 9 a.m.
3. Virtual gentle yoga classes on Facebook — in French
Take care of yourself with gentle yoga with Marine Button. If you are not available, no worries. Classes will remain available on our Facebook page, in the videos section. To participate, CLICK HERE.
Date: Every Tuesday evening
Time: 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. (off the weeks of December 20, 27 and January 3)
4. New blogs — in French
It is with great pleasure that we introduce our new blogger, Maryse Loranger, who adds her color to our blogs. We are sure you will enjoy her writings.
By Maryse Loranger:
- Mon histoire en trois temps. To read it, CLICK HERE.
- Vous et votre médecin. To read it, CLICK HERE.
By Marie-Eve Branconnier:
- ET si la migraine était un superpouvoir ? To read it, CLICK HERE.
By Mélissa Mitchell:
- En coulisse. To read it, CLICK HERE.
5. New articles — in French
By Shelley Duval:
- Comment parler de la migraine avec votre entourage. To read it, CLICK HERE.
6. Vacancy on the Board of Directors
7. Seeking volunteer
- To help our nurse Céline Lambert during the pandemic… We are looking for a nurse with knowledge about migraine to answer questions from migraine sufferers. Good aptitude for researching information related to migraine and excellent written French a must.
- To be a moderator of our closed Facebook support group or to facilitate a support group on Zoom
- To be part of one of our 3 committees: marketing/communications, fundraising, advocacy.
Interested in becoming part of our team and finding out more? CLICK HERE.
8. EMHA Survey — European Migraine and Headache Alliance
If you live and work with migraine in Canada, our partners at the European Migraine and Headache Alliance (EMHA) are eager to hear about your experience. Please take a moment to fill out the #MigraineAtWork questionnaire before November 7th. The approximate time to complete this survey is 7 minutes. CLICK HERE.
9. Partage Migraine Québec — private Facebook group — in French
If you haven’t already done so, join our private support group on Facebook “Partage Migraine Québec” to share, seek comfort or give tips. We’re waiting for you there! CLICK HERE.
10. Become a member
At Migraine Quebec, all members are recognized and heard throughout the year! By joining the team, you contribute to the strengthening of the organization, and through your right to vote at the annual general meetings, you make things happen! Welcome to an organization that values the diversity of voices! CLICK HERE.
We hope you will find an activity or article that you enjoy!
Louise and Marie for the Migraine Quebec team